Monday 21 May 2018

Hashtag Live!!

Soafter the last Hashtag animation, the only natural follow-up task was to decide what the next Hashtag cartoon would be about. Mall and the guys sent me through another hilarious clip from the show and I got started on the 2nd episode of the Hashtag Show animation.

However, I had a massive eureka moment whilst producing the episode and spoke with the guys about creating an animated opening to the Hashtag Live show that would be taking place in Glasgow on May 20th

The guys loved the idea and so I put episode 2 on hold and set to work on creating an opening for Hashtag 6 which ending up being over a minute long. The animation itself was finished several weeks ago but I held back on posting it until after Hashtag Live, which I attended yesterday.

It was a great day out with my friend and fellow animator Jon, and I even spent a few minutes on the stage, something I had not expected. The animation work I did was well received and it was a very proud moment to see my work projected on a big screen.

I have attached the final animation for Hashtag 6 below and an image from my time on stage. At the very bottom is a single still showing a preview of what is to come in the next episode of the Hashtag Show.




Going forward, I will be placing the 2nd Hashtag episode on hold as I complete some freelance animation work for a Youtube channel. This piece should be relatively simple to do as it is just a five second walk cycle of a cow character. After completing this, I will turn my attentions back to the Hashtag Show cartoon. Beyond completing episode 2, I have no idea what will come next – I may continue to work on Hashtag, or there may be something else in store for me, who knows? I am still currently looking around for full time employment in the animation industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment