Wednesday 8 January 2020

Long Overdue Update

I have been unable to post to the blog for a while due to other commitments but I am happy to have returned and hopefully back to posting frequently again.

You know, I realised recently that this blog isn't really for the people reading it (if any) it's more for me to just recap the period since the last post and to review what I've been getting up to. Sometimes I'm quite surprised by how much I've actually achieved in that time too. I have been on two wonderful trips to Florida since my last update and I feel that my energy levels have now been completely rejuvenated.

As I had mentioned in my previous post, I was working on a Hashtag Show comic based on the character “Geordie Captain America” who is discussed in the show. The comic shows a violent and obnoxious parody of the famous character. The storyline for the short comic came from Mallorca Lee. This was a fun little piece to work on and I was particularly pleased with how the final frame looked.

 
Comic books were my first passion, and what sparked my interest in becoming an animator/illustrator.

During my period of silence I created this tribute to the legendary comedian Robin Williams, one of my all-time favorite actors. This was a piece of work that, similarly to the Stan Lee before it, I had always wanted to create. I was very pleased with how this final piece looked and hope that I did Robin some justice.

Robin passed away in 2014. Given that he was my favourite actor, this really affected me more than a celebrity death ever had.

Additionally, I did some work on character design again, which I hadn't done in quite some time. All of this played a vital part in me finding my motivation again and creating new animation. The two characters below were designed during this period. I may possibly use the heavy character (whom I'd dubbed "Egg in a Cup" due to his strange shape) in a future animation, as he would work very well in that medium.

 

The updates in this post take me up to around September 2019. In my next post, which will be within a few days, I will update everything else I have been doing since September and what the future holds for me and Campbell Animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment