Wednesday 16 January 2019

Two posts in one month!?

January has been, thus far, fairly laid back. I’ve been careful to start this year off at a steady pace, as last year I raced through a lot of work at the start of the year and was feeling pretty spent by May. Looking over my Facebook page “Campbell Animation” I realised that the profile image of myself (actually taken from the animation I created during my proposal) wasn’t the most professional looking, and that I would love something similar to the “Wheezy Cow” animation that I’d made last year.

I set to work coming up with some different designs, from a film projector to just plain text. In the end, I opted for an animated production logo that could be added before each of my future animation projects. I decided to use a boar character in my logo, tying in with my Scottish roots, as Clan Campbell uses the boar on the badge (pictured below.) I included a Saltire within the piece just to really underline my Scottish origin. I have included the final animation below.


Going forward I have no definitive plan for the rest of the month. I am still working on the BBC project, but this has been hit with a few delays recently so I will be shifting my focus onto other projects. One task I have set some time aside for  is to create an updated Showreel to include work from 2018. My intention for this showreel is to include all my best work to give the reel some real strength, whereas in past years I have only used work from that year. This will be fairly relaxed as I have no real deadline on this but will probably be completed within a few days.

In terms of other work earmarked for the future I have been working out a story for a second Saul & Pepper cartoon and have a rough treatment for the piece, alongside some rough storyboards. I have been in talks with Jon regarding another project that he has planned out and I have another personal project that I would love to get off the ground. I am still working with The Hashtag Show though but don’t have a definitive next project. I am roughly planning out a massive animation that may or may not see the light of day, and have been batting around the idea of small 4 panel comics.
My next post will most likely be the updated showreel and an update on the Hashtag Show.


No comments:

Post a Comment