Wednesday 4 September 2024

Favourite Animated TV Show

The Simpsons (1989 - Present)

As mentioned in the last post, I will be doing a sort of animation challenge - answering questions around my favourite shows and movies. The questions will appear in the title & the post will break down my answer. A more condensed version will appear on my Facebook page, Campbell Animation.

There really couldn't have been any other selection for my favourite animated TV show. The Simpsons has been an obsession since I was about nine years old, starting on the VHS tapes (specifically "Too Hot For TV" (pictured) and later moving onto the season DVDs.) The quotes from this show are so deeply ingrained into my head that there's hardly a day goes past without me applying them to real-life situations.


To expand further on this question, my favourite episode of The Simpsons is probably "The Springfield Files" most likely for nostalgic reasons, I have fond memories of watching this tape on the weekends, not a care in the world. My immersion in Simpsons content exploded with the emergence of Facebook meme groups.

Add to that, my friend and fellow animator Jon is also a massive fan of the show, so we're constantly throwing references back forward day-to-day. I've included below a few of my favourite frames from the shows golden years, frames which never fail to give me a chuckle when watching them as part of the show.

















No comments:

Post a Comment