Monday 1 July 2024

Busy busy!

Hello all,

It's been a minute!! I’ve been incredibly busy since the last blog update as it has been full steam ahead on our latest animation. During the pre-production stage, I designed the main character Gordon, sketched several scene backgrounds & storyboarded the project, which could run as long as 4 minutes.

Thus far, the majority of the work has involved creating different assets that the character, Gordon, will be interacting with & digitising the background sketches. For backgrounds in this project, I've been influenced by the Chuck Jones style - a simple yet artistic look.

Since the last post I have also created artwork of Twechar Parish Church, which has ceased function as a religious building in the past few years. It has since been placed up for sale, which has been a bit of a contentious subject within the village.



This was requested by an Twechar ex-pat who was very specific about what she wanted, the church at night with a beautiful white owl perched nearby. This piece was printed onto 350 gsm A3 card and mounted in a simple white frame

I have also completed several edited versions of the previous Celtic Park designs, which I have also included below. These were created and delivered digitally, so there were no prints required in these examples.






As things currently stand, I intend to have the majority of the backgrounds and assets for the animation completed by mid September which is when our family is going to Florida. Upon our return, work will commence on the piece and it is my hope, best case scenario, that it will be completed by Halloween.

In addition to this, I’ll be sharing a few posts over the next couple weeks, breaking down some of my favourite animations, characters & influences. I'll post a brief description on Campbell Animation, my Facebook business page, and then will go more in-depth on the blog.

After the animation has been completed, I have a few works in the pipeline that I intend to get done on the run up to Christmas. More to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment